Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Thing #5--Lions and Tigers and RSS Feeds, Oh My!

Finally taking time to play with this, I'm having a ball! If I weren't in education, I'd be in interior design. I found this incredible slide show on the New York times. It shows a home in the Catskills and the eclectic decorating done by its owners. Take a peek...I could move in (with a few less of the anatomical pieces of the collection)!

Also of interest (what with FutureQuest) was the story on college options for less than "A" students. Not only did it provide names of the very colleges to look into, but it linked directly to their admissions offices. What a wonderful thing for those of you advising high school students who want to pursue college, but didn't really give it their best efforts in high school!

And finally, a real life example of bringing the family together with technology. My niece has been begging me to set up Skype so we can see and talk to each other regularly. This story tells of a birthday party for their 81 year old mother which some attended on Skype! If that's not one of the 23 things, I'll have to go for 24!

1 comment:

  1. It's not one of the "things" but we hope you will add new "things" to your toolbox as you go. You'll find it's very easy to set up and use. You just need a web cam and microphone although the web cam I bought had a micophone in it. Go for it!!

    ReplyDelete